Kneecap injury rules Arbeloa out for three weeks
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa looks set to miss his side`s crucial La Liga clash with Barcelona on March 23 due to a cracked right kneecap.
The club confirmed the injury on Saturday morning without specifying how long they expect the Spanish international to be on the sidelines.
However, several Spanish media outlets reported that Arbeloa would miss the next three weeks.
Should that be the case, the former Liverpool man will be ruled out of La Liga matches against Levante, Malaga and Sevilla, on top of Barcelona`s visit to the Santiago Bernabeu, and the second leg of Real`s last 16 Champions League tie against Schalke.
"He hasn`t been able to train due to a problem with his knee," Real boss Carlo Ancelotti told a press conference ahead of his side`s game against Levante on Sunday.
"He has to rest for a few days, but it is bad news for us. Arbeloa is a very important player due to his personality and experience."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal