Koevermans names 37 probables for Nehru Cup
New Delhi: National coach Wim Koevermans has named 37 players for the preparatory camp for the Nehru Cup football tournament, which kicks off on August 23.
Seven players who did duty for India in the recently concluded AFC U-22 Championship in Muscat have also been named for the camp.
The players will report to the camp on July 27.
"I`m happy to find players for the start of the preparation of the Nehru Cup and I`m looking forward to work with them and start developing the team together along with the support staff," Koevermans said.
Koevermans who watched the exploits of the Indian team in the AFC U-22 Championship in Muscat, have also summoned seven players from the U-22 team.
Besides strikers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Manandeep Singh, midfielders Lalrindika Ralte, Milan Singh, Alwyn George, stopper-back Shouvik Ghosh and goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu have also been named in the list of 37.
"In Muscat the U-22 boys did put up a good show. I felt it best to call some of them for the camp to see how they cope up with the senior team players. It`s a different level after all," he added.
Goalkeepers: Subrata Pal, Subhasish Roychowdhury, Karanjeet Singh, Arindam Bhattacharya, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.
Defenders: Nirmal Chhetri, Denzil Franco, Nicholas Colaco, Gourmangi Singh, Gurwinder Singh, Rowilson Rodriguez, Raju Gaikwad, Khelemba Meitei, Shouvik Ghosh, Gurjinder Singh, Syed Rahim Nabi, Mohan Raj.
Midfielders: Mehtab Hossain, Adil khan, Rocus Lamare, Milan Singh, Baldeep Singh, Denson Devdas, Lalrindika Ralte, Jewel Raja, Francis Fernandes, Alwyn George, Anthony Pereira, Gilbert Oliviera, Sanju Pradhan, Clifford Miranda, Joaquim Abranches.
Forwards: Robin Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Manandeep Singh, Jeje Lalpekhlua, Sushil Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series