Kolkata-bound Argentine midfielder detained at Dubai airport
Kolkata: Argentine midfielder Jos Sosa was on Tuesday detained for hours at the Dubai airport after he was
denied visa on arrival, said organisers of the FIFA international friendly between Argentina and Venezuela to be held here on September 2.
Sosa, who plays for Ukranian club Metalist Kharkiv, was to arrive here via New Delhi at 3.15pm, but he was denied visa on arrival, executive director of Celebrity Management Group, Bhaswar Goswami told reporters.
"He was detained at the Dubai airport for hours. Later we got in touch with him and had to reschedule his journey. He will now come with another batch of Argentines who are scheduled to arrive from Frankfurt late tonight," Goswami said.
Most of the Argentines, including coach Alejandro Sabella, have already landed in the city.
Star attraction Lionel Messi and his Barca teammate Javier Mascherano, who played in a La Liga match last night, will arrive in the wee hours of tomorrow.
Argentina play two international friendly in the subcontinent, with the first against Venezuela at the 120,000 capacity Yuba Bharati Krirangan here on September 2.
They will then fly to Dhaka for their September 6 friendly against Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan