Kolkata set to play host to Central Español FC
Kolkata: In another bonanza for the football-crazy state, the West Bengal Sports Council is all set to bring Uruguayan Primera División Club, Central Español FC, to play a pre-season tournament with city giants East Bengal and Mohun Bagan next month.
"We had a talk with the Uruguayan club officials yesterday and they were very much interested to play a tournament here," Sports Minister Madan Mitra said.
Asked whether they have informed the All India Football Federation about it, Mitra said: "They are the parent organisation. How can this happen without their permission? We will keep everybody in the loop."
The Montevideo-based Primera Division club feature some players from the national side and the pre-season tournament is likely to be named Bengal Cup from August 7-17. It`s been decided that East Bengal will take on Central Español FC at Siliguri while Mohun Bagan will face the Uruguayan Club at the Vidyasagar Krirangan, Barasat.
The season`s first derby between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan as well as the final may take place at the Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan, Salt Lake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday