Kolo Toure passes Manchester City medical: Report
Manchester City: Kolo Toure`s potential move from Arsenal to Manchester City edged a considerable amount closer this afternoon, as the Ivorian passed his medical at the Eastlands club, according to Sky Sports News.
It had earlier been reported that a potential problem over the player`s severance payment from Arsenal might scupper the deal, with Toure, who has been at Arsenal for eight years, due a loyalty bonus as he would be eligible for a testimonial at the end of his current contract, which expires in two years time.
Once the details of the severance payment have been ironed out, the move should progress quickly, with the player now discussing personal terms with the club.
Many observers had wondered when City boss Mark Hughes would make moves to strengthen his back line after signing so many strikers, and it looks now as though that process has begin in earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video