Kolo Toure passes Manchester City medical: Report
Manchester City: Kolo Toure`s potential move from Arsenal to Manchester City edged a considerable amount closer this afternoon, as the Ivorian passed his medical at the Eastlands club, according to Sky Sports News.
It had earlier been reported that a potential problem over the player`s severance payment from Arsenal might scupper the deal, with Toure, who has been at Arsenal for eight years, due a loyalty bonus as he would be eligible for a testimonial at the end of his current contract, which expires in two years time.
Once the details of the severance payment have been ironed out, the move should progress quickly, with the player now discussing personal terms with the club.
Many observers had wondered when City boss Mark Hughes would make moves to strengthen his back line after signing so many strikers, and it looks now as though that process has begin in earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22