Kolo Toure passes Manchester City medical: Report
Manchester City: Kolo Toure`s potential move from Arsenal to Manchester City edged a considerable amount closer this afternoon, as the Ivorian passed his medical at the Eastlands club, according to Sky Sports News.
It had earlier been reported that a potential problem over the player`s severance payment from Arsenal might scupper the deal, with Toure, who has been at Arsenal for eight years, due a loyalty bonus as he would be eligible for a testimonial at the end of his current contract, which expires in two years time.
Once the details of the severance payment have been ironed out, the move should progress quickly, with the player now discussing personal terms with the club.
Many observers had wondered when City boss Mark Hughes would make moves to strengthen his back line after signing so many strikers, and it looks now as though that process has begin in earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata