Kompany hails Pellegrini after first day in Manchester City job
Brussels: Vincent Kompany has praised Manuel Pellegrini`s early approach to his new job as Manchester City manager.
The former Malaga boss has taken over at the Etihad Stadium this summer, following the sacking of Roberto Mancini in May.
And Kompany feels that Pellegrini has approached his new position in the correct way, while also praising the squad’s fitness on the first day of pre-season training at Carrington.
"I think all of us have done some preparation work during the holidays because the guys look very sharp after a long break, so that`s great," the 27-year-old told the club`s official website.
"It was also nice to start work with the new manager and I think his approach with the team today was really good.
"It`s important now to try to improve on the last campaign and make sure that whatever the new manager brings in, that we try to make it our own as quick as possible."
His side will embark on pre-season trips to South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany and Finland before their opening Premier League fixture at home to Newcastle United on August 17.
City have already recruited Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk and Jesus Navas from Sevilla this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test