Kompany hails Pellegrini after first day in Manchester City job
Brussels: Vincent Kompany has praised Manuel Pellegrini`s early approach to his new job as Manchester City manager.
The former Malaga boss has taken over at the Etihad Stadium this summer, following the sacking of Roberto Mancini in May.
And Kompany feels that Pellegrini has approached his new position in the correct way, while also praising the squad’s fitness on the first day of pre-season training at Carrington.
"I think all of us have done some preparation work during the holidays because the guys look very sharp after a long break, so that`s great," the 27-year-old told the club`s official website.
"It was also nice to start work with the new manager and I think his approach with the team today was really good.
"It`s important now to try to improve on the last campaign and make sure that whatever the new manager brings in, that we try to make it our own as quick as possible."
His side will embark on pre-season trips to South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany and Finland before their opening Premier League fixture at home to Newcastle United on August 17.
City have already recruited Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk and Jesus Navas from Sevilla this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader