Kompany hails Pellegrini after first day in Manchester City job
Brussels: Vincent Kompany has praised Manuel Pellegrini`s early approach to his new job as Manchester City manager.
The former Malaga boss has taken over at the Etihad Stadium this summer, following the sacking of Roberto Mancini in May.
And Kompany feels that Pellegrini has approached his new position in the correct way, while also praising the squad’s fitness on the first day of pre-season training at Carrington.
"I think all of us have done some preparation work during the holidays because the guys look very sharp after a long break, so that`s great," the 27-year-old told the club`s official website.
"It was also nice to start work with the new manager and I think his approach with the team today was really good.
"It`s important now to try to improve on the last campaign and make sure that whatever the new manager brings in, that we try to make it our own as quick as possible."
His side will embark on pre-season trips to South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany and Finland before their opening Premier League fixture at home to Newcastle United on August 17.
City have already recruited Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk and Jesus Navas from Sevilla this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe