Kompany wants City to clinch Premier League crown after 44 years
London: Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany wants his team to clinch the Premier League crown after a gap of 44 years.
“I am buzzing. We have been waiting for this moment. We know it’s far from over, but we’ve given our fans two wins over United. We have to finish it off. I hope we can do it in the two games we have left. Everybody wants it so bad. Somebody texted me to say I was going to score. I thought he was a lunatic!” The Sun quoted Kompany, as saying.
His statement came after both City and United are level on the points table, but the former have a superior goal difference in the ongoing Premier League tournament.
United boss Alex Ferguson admitted that it gives the ‘noisy neighbours’ the upper hand.
“They are in the driving seat. It’s not over yet. But they have an eight-goal advantage. That is a big advantage at this time of the season,” he added.
City chief Mancini, whose side go to Newcastle on Sunday, said: “We deserved to win. We scored and played well. They did not have a scoring chance.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!