Kroos` Bayern talks stall, Schweinsteiger returns
Berlin: Bayern Munich`s Toni Kroos has poured cold water on speculation he is set to join Manchester United, while Germany team-mate Bastian Schweinsteiger has returned to training with the European champions.
Germany and Bayern`s vice-captain Schweinsteiger, 29, has been out since November, first with an ankle injury, then with an inflammed knee ligament.
He trained for the first time on Wednesday, but is unlikely to feature in Bayern`s Bundesliga match at Nuremberg on Saturday with the champions 13 points clear.
Off the field, Schweinsteiger`s team-mate Kroos took to social media network Facebook to dismiss rumours of a transfer to David Moyes` United, but admitted talks to extend his contract past June 2015 have stalled.
"In the last few days, much has been written and speculated about my sporting future," he wrote.
"But you shouldn`t believe everything you read in the newspapers.
"The fact is, I am happy to play for Bayern and, as a regular player, my situation is very good.
"But the fact is also that we haven`t agreed on a new contract, but, as it runs until 2015, it`s not a big problem and we`ll see what the future brings.
"Our full focus is now on making this season just as successful as last year."
According to German daily Bild, Kroos is eager to see his annual salary of four million euros (US$13.5m) elevated to the status of team-mates Schweinsteiger, captain Philipp Lahm and France`s Franck Ribery who all are said to earn around 10 million euros each.
There are three Bayern stars all negotiating for new contracts including Kroos, Dutch winger Arjen Robben and Brazil centre-back Dante.
The 30-year-old Dante has also been linked to a Man Utd move but has said: "I am already at the best club in the world."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary