Kushal Das becomes AIFF Gen Secy for a second term
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation on Wednesday re-appointed its General Secretary Kushal Das for a second term of another three years in its Executive Committee meeting here.
Das, who had served as Chief Financial Officer of the ICC and International Management Group (IMG) India, was appointed as AIFF General Secretary in November 2010.
The Executive Committee also approved the recommendations of AIFF Technical Committee, headed by former captain Bhaichung Bhutia, to extend the contract of national team coach Wim Koevermans and Technical Director Rob Baan by one year.
"The Executive Committee re-appointed Kushal Das as the General Secretary of AIFF for another three years," the AIFF said in a statement.
"As per the recommendation of AIFF Technical Committee which met earlier this month, the contract of National Coach Wim Koevermans and Technical Director Robert Baan was extended," it said.
"Koevermans` contract was extended till October 2014. Besides the national team, Koevermans will also be in charge on India`s campaign in 2014 Incheon Asian Games. Furthermore, Technical Director Robert Baan`s contract was extended by a year."
The Executive Committee also decided that the AIFF`s Annual General Body Meeting would be held on December 20. A Special General Body Meeting will also be held on the same day for the proposed changes in AIFF Constitution.
AIFF President Praful Patel, who chaired today`s meeting, congratulated the national team for their fine show in the two back-to-back international friendlies against Philippines and Nepal in Siliguri.
"I congratulate the players, coach Wim Koevermans and the support staff for their effort. The results create a positive environment for Indian football in the future," Patel said.
India drew with Philippines in their international friendly match on November 16 and defeated Nepal 2-1 three days later.
The Executive Committee also congratulated captain Sunil Chhetri for becoming the highest-ever Indian goalscorer in the match against Nepal. Chhetri went past former captain Bhaichung Bhutia with his 43rd goal against Nepal.
"I wish him all the luck and hope he scores many more for the cause of the nation," Patel said.
In another decision, the final round of the second division I-League would be held in Silchar and Aizawl while the final round of the U-19 I-League will be held in Jamshedpur.
The Committee discussed at length about appeal from Naseem Akhtar and referred the issue to the Disciplinary Committee. Scott O`Donell, Technical Director AIFF Academies, also made a presentation on `Grassroots Football Policy Framework`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video