La Liga dominates as Messi & Ronaldo make 2012 FIFPro World XI
Zurich: The 2012 FIFPro World XI has been announced during Monday`s FIFA Ballon d`Or gala in Zurich, with Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the standout names.
The FIFPro World XI is a prize from the players for the players, with FIFPro inviting all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gets the nod between the sticks, while his club team-mates Sergio Ramos and Marcelo have made it into the defence alongside Barca duo Dani Alves and Gerard Pique.
The three-man midfield consists of Madrid star Xabi Alonso, as well as Spain team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
Unsurprisingly, both los Blancos forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Blaugrana ace Lionel Messi have made the cut up front, with Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao completing the side.
FIFA WORLD XI: Iker casillas, Dani alves, Marcelo, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Andrés Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Lionel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev