La Liga dominates as Messi & Ronaldo make 2012 FIFPro World XI
Zurich: The 2012 FIFPro World XI has been announced during Monday`s FIFA Ballon d`Or gala in Zurich, with Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the standout names.
The FIFPro World XI is a prize from the players for the players, with FIFPro inviting all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gets the nod between the sticks, while his club team-mates Sergio Ramos and Marcelo have made it into the defence alongside Barca duo Dani Alves and Gerard Pique.
The three-man midfield consists of Madrid star Xabi Alonso, as well as Spain team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
Unsurprisingly, both los Blancos forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Blaugrana ace Lionel Messi have made the cut up front, with Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao completing the side.
FIFA WORLD XI: Iker casillas, Dani alves, Marcelo, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Andrés Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Lionel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September