La Liga dominates as Messi & Ronaldo make 2012 FIFPro World XI
Zurich: The 2012 FIFPro World XI has been announced during Monday`s FIFA Ballon d`Or gala in Zurich, with Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the standout names.
The FIFPro World XI is a prize from the players for the players, with FIFPro inviting all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gets the nod between the sticks, while his club team-mates Sergio Ramos and Marcelo have made it into the defence alongside Barca duo Dani Alves and Gerard Pique.
The three-man midfield consists of Madrid star Xabi Alonso, as well as Spain team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
Unsurprisingly, both los Blancos forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Blaugrana ace Lionel Messi have made the cut up front, with Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao completing the side.
FIFA WORLD XI: Iker casillas, Dani alves, Marcelo, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Andrés Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Lionel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece
- Second French church attacker formally identified: Prosecutors
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn