La Liga dominates as Messi & Ronaldo make 2012 FIFPro World XI
Zurich: The 2012 FIFPro World XI has been announced during Monday`s FIFA Ballon d`Or gala in Zurich, with Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the standout names.
The FIFPro World XI is a prize from the players for the players, with FIFPro inviting all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gets the nod between the sticks, while his club team-mates Sergio Ramos and Marcelo have made it into the defence alongside Barca duo Dani Alves and Gerard Pique.
The three-man midfield consists of Madrid star Xabi Alonso, as well as Spain team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
Unsurprisingly, both los Blancos forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Blaugrana ace Lionel Messi have made the cut up front, with Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao completing the side.
FIFA WORLD XI: Iker casillas, Dani alves, Marcelo, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Andrés Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Lionel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees