La Liga dominates as Messi & Ronaldo make 2012 FIFPro World XI
Zurich: The 2012 FIFPro World XI has been announced during Monday`s FIFA Ballon d`Or gala in Zurich, with Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the standout names.
The FIFPro World XI is a prize from the players for the players, with FIFPro inviting all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gets the nod between the sticks, while his club team-mates Sergio Ramos and Marcelo have made it into the defence alongside Barca duo Dani Alves and Gerard Pique.
The three-man midfield consists of Madrid star Xabi Alonso, as well as Spain team-mates Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
Unsurprisingly, both los Blancos forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Blaugrana ace Lionel Messi have made the cut up front, with Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao completing the side.
FIFA WORLD XI: Iker casillas, Dani alves, Marcelo, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Andrés Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao, Lionel Messi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre