La Liga: Fourth win on the spin moves Getafe into fifth
Granada: Getafe leapfrogged Espanyol to move back into fifth place in La Liga with a comfortable 2-0 victory over 10-man Granada on Sunday.
Granada were forced to play the majority of the match a man down after Pape Diakhate was controversially shown a second yellow card in the 30th minute when it appeared as if his teammate Allan Nyom had actually committed the infringement.
And the hosts` luck didn`t improve at the start of the second-half as Jeison Murillo`s own goal put Getafe in front before Pedro Leon`s third goal in two games sealed a fourth successive triumph for Luis Garcia`s men.
Sevilla wasted the chance to continue their rise up the table as Valladolid scored twice in the final 10 minutes to claim a 2-2 draw against the Andalusians.
Carlos Bacca put Unai Emery`s side in front after just two minutes before Spanish international Alberto Moreno added a second on the half hour mark.
However, substitute Manucho brought Valladolid back into the game with a thumping header nine minutes from time and Patrick Ebert rescued a point with a brilliant free-kick three minutes later.
Elche moved into the top-half of the table with a third successive win of their own, 2-1 at Real Betis.
Manu del Moral and Fidel put Elche in control before Jorge Molina halved the deficit just before half-time.
But despite Elche`s Domingo Cisma being sent-off in the opening minute of the second period, the visitors held on for the three points.
Almeria remain rooted to the bottom and still in search of a win on their return to the top-flight after they too failed to take advantage of playing against 10 men.
Saul Niguez was sent off for Rayo Vallecano with 25 minutes remaining, but Alejandro Galvez`s wonderful free-kick 14 minutes later handed the visitors a 1-0 win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender