La Liga needs players like Neymar: Del Bosque
Spain: The World Cup-winning coach has applauded Barcelona`s capture of the young attacker and is pleased to see another star move to Spain.
Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has taken the time to praise Barcelona signing Neymar, saying his presence will enrich La Liga.
The Blaugrana confirmed on Sunday that they have agreed terms with Santos over the transfer of the Brazil star, who will ink a five-year deal with the club, and the 62-year-old is pleased that Neymar will ply his trade in Spain from next season.
"I really like Neymar. He is an artist and Spanish football needs players like him," Del Bosque told Radio Marca.
"We should not be closing our borders for the very best. We already have players such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo here, who are the best in the world."
Real Madrid had also made an offer for Neymar, but the tricky attacker eventually opted to join Barcelona instead.
The forward will take part in the Confederations Cup with Brazil this summer before joining his new team-mates in Catalunya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP