Lack of killer instinct will destroy Chelsea’s Champions League hopes: Di Matteo
London: Chelsea’s interim coach Roberto Di Matteo has said that lack of killer instinct on part of his players will destroy the club’s Champions League qualification hopes.
Chelsea blew a chance to move level with fourth-placed Tottenham after Clint Dempsey’s 82nd-minute leveller for Fulham.
Chelsea conceded a goal in the last 10 minutes for the 20th time this season, The Sun reports.
Di Matteo said: “It’s a pattern, not killing off the opposition and then conceding late on. The biggest disappointment is that we were leading this game for such a long time.”
Chelsea had taken the lead through Frank Lampard’s 45th-minute penalty after Salomon Kalou went down.
The draw leaves Chelsea in sixth place in the Premier League, although they move a point closer to Tottenham.
Di Matteo said: “We have been playing catch-up all season, so the situation for fourth was difficult for us from the start. But we have to look at it positively. We’re a point closer to fourth spot and we are closer to Champions League qualification than we were a month ago.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days