Lajong beat Pailan Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows winless streak continued as Shillong Lajong FC put up a dominating display for a 2-0 win in their 19th round I League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan on Sunday.
Matthew Mayora gave Lajon a seventh minute lead while man of the match John Menyongar completed the tally scoring from a penalty in the 12th minute.
With this win Lajong moved to 24 points from 19 matches and moved closer to safety while the Arrows remained on eight from 17 matches.
Menyongar crossed the ball from the left for an unmarked Mayora, who just had to tap in for his first goal for the Shillong outfit.
Minutes later, Arrows defender Pritam Kotal brought down Mayora inside the box to be awarded a penalty in Lajong`s favour.
Menyongar made no mistake from the spot to put Lajong 2-0 ahead early into the match
Down 0-2, the Arrows found themselves under pressure as Lajong kept on making inroads though were unlucky not to have found the target anymore.
Bijendra Rai of the Arrows was the only one who looked dangerous but the Lajong defenders stuck to their task.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured