Lajong beat Pailan Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows winless streak continued as Shillong Lajong FC put up a dominating display for a 2-0 win in their 19th round I League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan on Sunday.
Matthew Mayora gave Lajon a seventh minute lead while man of the match John Menyongar completed the tally scoring from a penalty in the 12th minute.
With this win Lajong moved to 24 points from 19 matches and moved closer to safety while the Arrows remained on eight from 17 matches.
Menyongar crossed the ball from the left for an unmarked Mayora, who just had to tap in for his first goal for the Shillong outfit.
Minutes later, Arrows defender Pritam Kotal brought down Mayora inside the box to be awarded a penalty in Lajong`s favour.
Menyongar made no mistake from the spot to put Lajong 2-0 ahead early into the match
Down 0-2, the Arrows found themselves under pressure as Lajong kept on making inroads though were unlucky not to have found the target anymore.
Bijendra Rai of the Arrows was the only one who looked dangerous but the Lajong defenders stuck to their task.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!