Lajong beat Pailan Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows winless streak continued as Shillong Lajong FC put up a dominating display for a 2-0 win in their 19th round I League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan on Sunday.
Matthew Mayora gave Lajon a seventh minute lead while man of the match John Menyongar completed the tally scoring from a penalty in the 12th minute.
With this win Lajong moved to 24 points from 19 matches and moved closer to safety while the Arrows remained on eight from 17 matches.
Menyongar crossed the ball from the left for an unmarked Mayora, who just had to tap in for his first goal for the Shillong outfit.
Minutes later, Arrows defender Pritam Kotal brought down Mayora inside the box to be awarded a penalty in Lajong`s favour.
Menyongar made no mistake from the spot to put Lajong 2-0 ahead early into the match
Down 0-2, the Arrows found themselves under pressure as Lajong kept on making inroads though were unlucky not to have found the target anymore.
Bijendra Rai of the Arrows was the only one who looked dangerous but the Lajong defenders stuck to their task.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur