Lajong, Mumbai FC register easy wins
Kozhikode: Shillong Lajong FC and Mumbai FC scored easy wins in their preliminary matches of the All India E K Nayanar Gold Cup Football tournament at the floodlit Corporation stadium on Wednesday.
In the opening encounter, Shillong Lajong FC defeated Army XI 2-0.
Lajong`s Seikhohao Tuboi helped the side forge ahead in the 62nd minute and Renedy Singh consolidated their position with a penalty conversion in the 88th minute.
In the second match Mumbai FC defeated Southern Samity 3-1.
Mumbai took the lead in the very first minute through Ebi Sukore Theophilus, while Dhanachandra Singh scored the second goal in the 77th. Gbeneme on Friday completed the tally with a goal in the 80th minute.
The consolation goal for Southern Samity was scored by Zico Zoremsanga in the 75th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users