Lajong, Mumbai FC register easy wins
Kozhikode: Shillong Lajong FC and Mumbai FC scored easy wins in their preliminary matches of the All India E K Nayanar Gold Cup Football tournament at the floodlit Corporation stadium on Wednesday.
In the opening encounter, Shillong Lajong FC defeated Army XI 2-0.
Lajong`s Seikhohao Tuboi helped the side forge ahead in the 62nd minute and Renedy Singh consolidated their position with a penalty conversion in the 88th minute.
In the second match Mumbai FC defeated Southern Samity 3-1.
Mumbai took the lead in the very first minute through Ebi Sukore Theophilus, while Dhanachandra Singh scored the second goal in the 77th. Gbeneme on Friday completed the tally with a goal in the 80th minute.
The consolation goal for Southern Samity was scored by Zico Zoremsanga in the 75th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"