Lajong, Mumbai FC register easy wins
Kozhikode: Shillong Lajong FC and Mumbai FC scored easy wins in their preliminary matches of the All India E K Nayanar Gold Cup Football tournament at the floodlit Corporation stadium on Wednesday.
In the opening encounter, Shillong Lajong FC defeated Army XI 2-0.
Lajong`s Seikhohao Tuboi helped the side forge ahead in the 62nd minute and Renedy Singh consolidated their position with a penalty conversion in the 88th minute.
In the second match Mumbai FC defeated Southern Samity 3-1.
Mumbai took the lead in the very first minute through Ebi Sukore Theophilus, while Dhanachandra Singh scored the second goal in the 77th. Gbeneme on Friday completed the tally with a goal in the 80th minute.
The consolation goal for Southern Samity was scored by Zico Zoremsanga in the 75th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble