Lajong, Mumbai FC register easy wins
Kozhikode: Shillong Lajong FC and Mumbai FC scored easy wins in their preliminary matches of the All India E K Nayanar Gold Cup Football tournament at the floodlit Corporation stadium on Wednesday.
In the opening encounter, Shillong Lajong FC defeated Army XI 2-0.
Lajong`s Seikhohao Tuboi helped the side forge ahead in the 62nd minute and Renedy Singh consolidated their position with a penalty conversion in the 88th minute.
In the second match Mumbai FC defeated Southern Samity 3-1.
Mumbai took the lead in the very first minute through Ebi Sukore Theophilus, while Dhanachandra Singh scored the second goal in the 77th. Gbeneme on Friday completed the tally with a goal in the 80th minute.
The consolation goal for Southern Samity was scored by Zico Zoremsanga in the 75th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon