Lajong, Mumbai FC register easy wins
Kozhikode: Shillong Lajong FC and Mumbai FC scored easy wins in their preliminary matches of the All India E K Nayanar Gold Cup Football tournament at the floodlit Corporation stadium on Wednesday.
In the opening encounter, Shillong Lajong FC defeated Army XI 2-0.
Lajong`s Seikhohao Tuboi helped the side forge ahead in the 62nd minute and Renedy Singh consolidated their position with a penalty conversion in the 88th minute.
In the second match Mumbai FC defeated Southern Samity 3-1.
Mumbai took the lead in the very first minute through Ebi Sukore Theophilus, while Dhanachandra Singh scored the second goal in the 77th. Gbeneme on Friday completed the tally with a goal in the 80th minute.
The consolation goal for Southern Samity was scored by Zico Zoremsanga in the 75th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Indian men's hockey team clubbed with Germany, Holland in 2016 Rio Olympics
- Wanted terrorist neutralized in Assam, AK-81 assault rifle recovered
- Sussanne Khan bats for ex-husband Hrithik Roshan in Kangana Ranaut controversy
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: No bilateral meeting between PM Modi, Italian Premier Matteo Renzi at UNGA, says MEA
- Will give 'all justifications' for 8.8% EPF interest rate: Dattatreya