Lajong renew contract with pormising Manipuri striker Seikhohao Tuboi
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC on Friday announced that Seikhohao Tuboi, who missed the last season due to an injury, would be fit for the upcoming I-League as they renewed the contract with the Manipuri forward.
"A well structured and intensive health regime has ensured that Tuboi regain full fitness and will be a part of the team in the upcoming season," Shillong Lajong FC media manager said here today.
Commenting on the new deal with the club, the 24-year-old forward said he was looking forward to don the jersey again.
"I cannot wait to get back on the field and start scoring goals again," Tuboi, who started training with the team, said.
The Manipuri striker, who joined Shillong Lajong in the 2008-2009 season, had played a stellar role in helping Shillong Lajong FC qualify for the I-League in 2009-10.
Tuboi was also instrumental in taking SLFC to the Federation Cup 2009 final, probably the best moment for the northeastern side.
"He has always been a crowd`s favourite as he has been a prolific scorer for the side. But the injury in 2011-12 had kept him out last season," the club said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III