Lajong renew contract with pormising Manipuri striker Seikhohao Tuboi
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC on Friday announced that Seikhohao Tuboi, who missed the last season due to an injury, would be fit for the upcoming I-League as they renewed the contract with the Manipuri forward.
"A well structured and intensive health regime has ensured that Tuboi regain full fitness and will be a part of the team in the upcoming season," Shillong Lajong FC media manager said here today.
Commenting on the new deal with the club, the 24-year-old forward said he was looking forward to don the jersey again.
"I cannot wait to get back on the field and start scoring goals again," Tuboi, who started training with the team, said.
The Manipuri striker, who joined Shillong Lajong in the 2008-2009 season, had played a stellar role in helping Shillong Lajong FC qualify for the I-League in 2009-10.
Tuboi was also instrumental in taking SLFC to the Federation Cup 2009 final, probably the best moment for the northeastern side.
"He has always been a crowd`s favourite as he has been a prolific scorer for the side. But the injury in 2011-12 had kept him out last season," the club said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion