Lajong to take Salgaocar tomorrow
Shillong: North East football giant and local favourite, Shillong Lajong FC will take on defending champion Salgaocar SC at the last I-league encounter this season at the J N Stadium on Friday.
Currently placed at number six in the I-League table, Salgaogar beat the North East side 2-1 at its home tufr during the round 13 match.
Having lost five matches recently both at home and away, Shillong Lajong`s coach said three weeks gap could spell trouble for the team.
Admitting that Shillong Lajong is a strong side, Salgaocar coach Karim Benchirifa said he hope to steal some Shillong Lajong`s fans as they have local boy Rocus Lamare on their side.
"This is my second visit to Shillong. Besides being a good host, they have a great fan follower," Karim told reporters at the pre-match conference today.
Salgaocar will be missing the service of Karanjit Singh and Francis Fernandes who faced suspension while Gilbert Oliveira who is nursing his injury has been ruled out of the team.
Karim said the team had a lot of injuries and many were healing like Chidi Edeh.
On the other hand, Shillong Lajong will be missing the service of C Lallawmzuala due to an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!
- Iraqi forces prepare offensive on IS-held Falluja, urge residents to leave
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out