Lampard says would never cold-shoulder chance to play for England
London: Veteran midfielder Frank Lampard has insisted he will never turn his back on England and will be available for as long as his country wants him.
On the day that Rio Ferdinand withdrew from Roy Hodgson`s squad due to training and medical requirements, Lampard reported for duty for the World Cup qualifiers in San Marino and Montenegro.
With Chelsea currently playing every three days and on course for a 70-game season, no one would have blamed Lampard for giving this international week a swerve.
But the veteran insists the idea did not even cross his mind and said he is really enjoying being a part of the England thing, adding the older he gets, the more he appreciate it every time he plays for them.
Lampard added its a very happy, comfortable squad with Roy Hodgson in charge, and the manager really relates well with the players, adding it`s a young squad but as he has got a bit older he has found that he feel betters when he is playing and training regularly.
Lampard said if he had a week off in Dubai now he would probably stiffen up and take three weeks to get fit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani