Lampard says would never cold-shoulder chance to play for England
London: Veteran midfielder Frank Lampard has insisted he will never turn his back on England and will be available for as long as his country wants him.
On the day that Rio Ferdinand withdrew from Roy Hodgson`s squad due to training and medical requirements, Lampard reported for duty for the World Cup qualifiers in San Marino and Montenegro.
With Chelsea currently playing every three days and on course for a 70-game season, no one would have blamed Lampard for giving this international week a swerve.
But the veteran insists the idea did not even cross his mind and said he is really enjoying being a part of the England thing, adding the older he gets, the more he appreciate it every time he plays for them.
Lampard added its a very happy, comfortable squad with Roy Hodgson in charge, and the manager really relates well with the players, adding it`s a young squad but as he has got a bit older he has found that he feel betters when he is playing and training regularly.
Lampard said if he had a week off in Dubai now he would probably stiffen up and take three weeks to get fit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate