Late Carroll header puts Liverpool into FA Cup final
London: Liverpool striker Andy Carroll headed an 87th minute winner as they came from behind to beat Merseyside rivals Everton 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
Everton deservedly took the lead with a 24th minute strike from Nikica Jelavic following a defensive mix-up between Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger.
However, Liverpool took control after another defensive slip up, this time by Everton`s Sylvain Distin, gifted Luis Suarez an equaliser after 62 minutes.
Liverpool, who had played poorly until then, gradually got on top after Suarez`s strike and Carroll had two good chances before he finally found the net to give his side victory.
Liverpool, who beat Cardiff City in the League Cup final at Wembley in February, will return to the stadium on May 5 where they will meet the winners of Sunday`s second semifinal between London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi