Late Carroll header puts Liverpool into FA Cup final
London: Liverpool striker Andy Carroll headed an 87th minute winner as they came from behind to beat Merseyside rivals Everton 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
Everton deservedly took the lead with a 24th minute strike from Nikica Jelavic following a defensive mix-up between Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger.
However, Liverpool took control after another defensive slip up, this time by Everton`s Sylvain Distin, gifted Luis Suarez an equaliser after 62 minutes.
Liverpool, who had played poorly until then, gradually got on top after Suarez`s strike and Carroll had two good chances before he finally found the net to give his side victory.
Liverpool, who beat Cardiff City in the League Cup final at Wembley in February, will return to the stadium on May 5 where they will meet the winners of Sunday`s second semifinal between London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what