Late goals earn Uruguay victory over Angola in Lisbon
Lisbon: World Cup semi-finalists Uruguay produced a disappointing performance and needed late goals from strikers Edinson Cavani and Abel Hernandez to record a 2-0 friendly win over Angola.
Uruguay missed Diego Forlan and strike partner Luis Suarez after they opted out of the squad for personal reasons.
After threatening only rarely against an organised Angolan side, the Latin Americans were indebted to debutant Hernandez.
After coming on as a second-half substitute, he earned the penalty that Cavani coolly slotted in after 84 minutes and six minutes later Hernandez netted with a delightful curling shot that flew into keeper Lama`s net.
Oscar Tabarez, who guided the Uruguyans at the World Cup in South Africa, missed the game as he is in negotiations to renew his contract.
He was replaced for the friendly by under-20s coach Juan Verzeri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections