Late goals give Fulham dramatic win over Arsenal
London: Fulham scored twice in the dying minutes to beat Arsenal 2-1 and deny them a return to the top four in the Premier League in a dramatic match at Craven Cottage.
Arsenal led from the 21st minute with a Laurent Koscielny header but, after they had Johan Djourou sent off 12 minutes from time for hauling back Bobby Zamora, Fulham struck twice to win for the first time in four matches.
Steve Sidwell, who started his career at Arsenal but never played for them, equalized for Fulham with a header after 85 minutes before Zamora smashed in a left foot volley in the third minute of added time to give Martin Jol`s team all three points.
Arsenal started the day in fourth place but were knocked back to fifth by Chelsea who won 2-1 at Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier on Monday.
Chelsea have 37 points, one clear of Arsenal on 36. The top three -- Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur -- were not in action and play later this week.
In the other early matches, Swansea City won 2-0 at Aston Villa, Stoke City won 2-1 at Blackburn Rovers and Norwich City won 2-1 at Queens Park Rangers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan