Late goals give Fulham dramatic win over Arsenal
London: Fulham scored twice in the dying minutes to beat Arsenal 2-1 and deny them a return to the top four in the Premier League in a dramatic match at Craven Cottage.
Arsenal led from the 21st minute with a Laurent Koscielny header but, after they had Johan Djourou sent off 12 minutes from time for hauling back Bobby Zamora, Fulham struck twice to win for the first time in four matches.
Steve Sidwell, who started his career at Arsenal but never played for them, equalized for Fulham with a header after 85 minutes before Zamora smashed in a left foot volley in the third minute of added time to give Martin Jol`s team all three points.
Arsenal started the day in fourth place but were knocked back to fifth by Chelsea who won 2-1 at Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier on Monday.
Chelsea have 37 points, one clear of Arsenal on 36. The top three -- Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur -- were not in action and play later this week.
In the other early matches, Swansea City won 2-0 at Aston Villa, Stoke City won 2-1 at Blackburn Rovers and Norwich City won 2-1 at Queens Park Rangers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal