Late penalty saves Jose Mourinho`s Chelsea home record
London: Eden Hazard scored from the spot in stoppage time to salvage a 2-2 draw for Chelsea against West Bromwich Albion, who were seconds away from inflicting a first Premier League home defeat on a Chelsea side managed by Jose Mourinho on Saturday.
Hazard scored to take Mourinho`s unbeaten home league record at Stamford Bridge to 66 matches following 60 unbeaten games in his first spell there between 2004 and 2007.
Samuel Eto`o put Chelsea ahead but goals from Shane Long and Stephane Sessegnon put West Brom, managed by former Chelsea assistant manager Steve Clarke ahead and within sight of victory until the late drama.
Although Chelsea blew the chance to close the gap on leaders Arsenal to two points, Liverpool made no mistake crushing a woeful Fulham 4-0 at Anfield.
Luis Suarez scored twice to take his goal tally to eight in the seven matches he has played since returning from suspension.
Arsenal, who play Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday, top the table with 25 points from 10 matches, followed by Liverpool on 23, Southampton on 22, and Chelsea on 21.
Southampton moved into third place with a highly impressive 4-1 win over Hull City with Morgan Schneiderlin, Rickie Lambert from the spot and Adam Lallana with a superb individual goal, putting Saints 3-0 ahead after 37 minutes. Steven Davis added the fourth in the 88th minute.
In the other afternoon matches Aston Villa ended a run of seven and a half hours without a Premier League goal when Leandro Bacuna scored after 76 minutes to give them the lead against Cardiff City before Libor Kozak added a second in the 83rd minute to give Villa a 2-0 victory.
Norwich City were meeting West Ham United in the late kickoff (1730GMT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record