Late penalty saves Jose Mourinho`s Chelsea home record
London: Eden Hazard scored from the spot in stoppage time to salvage a 2-2 draw for Chelsea against West Bromwich Albion, who were seconds away from inflicting a first Premier League home defeat on a Chelsea side managed by Jose Mourinho on Saturday.
Hazard scored to take Mourinho`s unbeaten home league record at Stamford Bridge to 66 matches following 60 unbeaten games in his first spell there between 2004 and 2007.
Samuel Eto`o put Chelsea ahead but goals from Shane Long and Stephane Sessegnon put West Brom, managed by former Chelsea assistant manager Steve Clarke ahead and within sight of victory until the late drama.
Although Chelsea blew the chance to close the gap on leaders Arsenal to two points, Liverpool made no mistake crushing a woeful Fulham 4-0 at Anfield.
Luis Suarez scored twice to take his goal tally to eight in the seven matches he has played since returning from suspension.
Arsenal, who play Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday, top the table with 25 points from 10 matches, followed by Liverpool on 23, Southampton on 22, and Chelsea on 21.
Southampton moved into third place with a highly impressive 4-1 win over Hull City with Morgan Schneiderlin, Rickie Lambert from the spot and Adam Lallana with a superb individual goal, putting Saints 3-0 ahead after 37 minutes. Steven Davis added the fourth in the 88th minute.
In the other afternoon matches Aston Villa ended a run of seven and a half hours without a Premier League goal when Leandro Bacuna scored after 76 minutes to give them the lead against Cardiff City before Libor Kozak added a second in the 83rd minute to give Villa a 2-0 victory.
Norwich City were meeting West Ham United in the late kickoff (1730GMT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price