Late show Vidal set for Conte grilling
Milan: Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal is set for a grilling by coach Antonio Conte after returning late from international duty.
Vidal missed a flight from his native Chile, where his national side beat Ecuador 2-1 in midweek qualifying for the World Cup, and missed two training sessions after returning a day late to the Serie A club.
Juventus face Fiorentina away on Sunday, when the champions will be looking to reduce their deficit to Roma after the capital side stretched their league lead to five points with a 2-0 win over Napoli on Friday.
Conte did not say whether Vidal, one of Juventus`s key players and the club`s top scorer last season, would make the squad for Sunday`s visit to Florence.
But the Italian said: "The Vidal question is very simple: I haven`t spoken to him yet but I will be asking him why he returned a day late and missed two training sessions."
Conte added: "There are rules at this club, and the same rules apply to everyone."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire