Lazio not for sale, says president
Rome: Lazio president Claudio Lotito has claimed that the Italian Seria A football club is not for sale despite rumours in this regard.
An Italian newspaper reported last week that Sheikh Khalid Al Shoaibi was willing to buy the capital side for around 80 million euros. But the Biancocelesti owner claimed on Monday that it would take more than that to see him off-load the Stadio Olimpico team.
"Lazio is not for sale," he said. "For me, it is not for sale. I have not received any formal offers and I will not meet with anyone. But especially at that figure - this club is worth more than 80 million euros. That is ridiculous.
"I do not know the exact amount this club is worth because I have never raised that issue. As I said, this club is not for sale," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai