Lazio not for sale, says president
Rome: Lazio president Claudio Lotito has claimed that the Italian Seria A football club is not for sale despite rumours in this regard.
An Italian newspaper reported last week that Sheikh Khalid Al Shoaibi was willing to buy the capital side for around 80 million euros. But the Biancocelesti owner claimed on Monday that it would take more than that to see him off-load the Stadio Olimpico team.
"Lazio is not for sale," he said. "For me, it is not for sale. I have not received any formal offers and I will not meet with anyone. But especially at that figure - this club is worth more than 80 million euros. That is ridiculous.
"I do not know the exact amount this club is worth because I have never raised that issue. As I said, this club is not for sale," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC