Lazio not for sale, says president
Rome: Lazio president Claudio Lotito has claimed that the Italian Seria A football club is not for sale despite rumours in this regard.
An Italian newspaper reported last week that Sheikh Khalid Al Shoaibi was willing to buy the capital side for around 80 million euros. But the Biancocelesti owner claimed on Monday that it would take more than that to see him off-load the Stadio Olimpico team.
"Lazio is not for sale," he said. "For me, it is not for sale. I have not received any formal offers and I will not meet with anyone. But especially at that figure - this club is worth more than 80 million euros. That is ridiculous.
"I do not know the exact amount this club is worth because I have never raised that issue. As I said, this club is not for sale," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres