Lazio not for sale, says president
Rome: Lazio president Claudio Lotito has claimed that the Italian Seria A football club is not for sale despite rumours in this regard.
An Italian newspaper reported last week that Sheikh Khalid Al Shoaibi was willing to buy the capital side for around 80 million euros. But the Biancocelesti owner claimed on Monday that it would take more than that to see him off-load the Stadio Olimpico team.
"Lazio is not for sale," he said. "For me, it is not for sale. I have not received any formal offers and I will not meet with anyone. But especially at that figure - this club is worth more than 80 million euros. That is ridiculous.
"I do not know the exact amount this club is worth because I have never raised that issue. As I said, this club is not for sale," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened