Leaky Brazil defence frustrates Thiago Silva
Brazil: The Paris Saint-Germain centre-back has bemoaned lapses at the back that have cost the Selecao goals, but believes that better communication will allow them to solve these issues.
Thiago Silva has expressed his frustration at the number of goals Brazil are conceding, believing a lack of communication is the main problem.
Brazil have one clean sheet in their last eight fixtures, which came in a 4-0 friendly win over Bolivia in April - their only victory over that period.
Speaking in a press conference ahead of his side`s game against France on Sunday, the Brazil captain urged his team-mates to improve their defensive record.
"We have to think about the defence," the 28-year-old defender admitted.
"We are conceding a lot of goals. We know where the error is - it`s just a communication failure at a few decisive moments. We`re working hard on being compact and decreasing spaces between the lines.
"But today, communication is everything. We could we have avoided the second goal against England [Wayne Rooney`s 79th-minute strike in the 2-2 draw on June 2], for example, if we had more communication on the field."
Brazil face France in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday as they prepare for their Confederations Cup opener against Japan on June 15, and Thiago hopes the game will show some increased defensive stability from the hosts.
"If I say I have no worries, I`m lying," the former AC Milan man added.
"Personally I do not like conceding goals. I`d rather win 1-0 than win in a game full of goals. The way we play requires a lot of balance. Keeping the team is compressed one of our goals.
"We had good moments against England. If we play with confidence in the Confederations Cup we`ll bring the fans on side."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note