Legend Wilkins indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant post `drink-drive` arrest
London: England football legend Ray Wilkins reportedly indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant after he was arrested for `drink-drive` on May 7 last year.
The CCTV footage played to North Surrey Magistrates` Court showed Wilkins appearing to slump back in a chair as he waited to take a second breath test, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, Wilkins was so drunk he could not stand properly after his car was seen swerving around the road and striking a traffic island and struggled to give a breath sample and called police procedures a `******* joke`.
PC Nicholas Skidmore claimed that there was a strong smell of intoxicating liquor in the vehicle and around him.
Tests revealed Wilkins had 104 and 102 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath which was almost three times the legal limit of 35.
Wilkins denies drink driving and claims radio waves interfered with the breathalyser machine.
The case continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!