Legend Wilkins indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant post `drink-drive` arrest
London: England football legend Ray Wilkins reportedly indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant after he was arrested for `drink-drive` on May 7 last year.
The CCTV footage played to North Surrey Magistrates` Court showed Wilkins appearing to slump back in a chair as he waited to take a second breath test, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, Wilkins was so drunk he could not stand properly after his car was seen swerving around the road and striking a traffic island and struggled to give a breath sample and called police procedures a `******* joke`.
PC Nicholas Skidmore claimed that there was a strong smell of intoxicating liquor in the vehicle and around him.
Tests revealed Wilkins had 104 and 102 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath which was almost three times the legal limit of 35.
Wilkins denies drink driving and claims radio waves interfered with the breathalyser machine.
The case continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?