Legend Wilkins indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant post `drink-drive` arrest
London: England football legend Ray Wilkins reportedly indulged in `foul-mouthed` rant after he was arrested for `drink-drive` on May 7 last year.
The CCTV footage played to North Surrey Magistrates` Court showed Wilkins appearing to slump back in a chair as he waited to take a second breath test, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, Wilkins was so drunk he could not stand properly after his car was seen swerving around the road and striking a traffic island and struggled to give a breath sample and called police procedures a `******* joke`.
PC Nicholas Skidmore claimed that there was a strong smell of intoxicating liquor in the vehicle and around him.
Tests revealed Wilkins had 104 and 102 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath which was almost three times the legal limit of 35.
Wilkins denies drink driving and claims radio waves interfered with the breathalyser machine.
The case continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!