Leonardo confirms PSG offer for Cavani
Paris: Leonardo has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain have to bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
The 26-year-old ended last season as Serie A`s top goalscorer with 29 goals across the campaign as the Azzurri finished in the runners-up spot, nine points behind champions Juventus.
Leonardo, 43, indicated that les Rouge-et-Bleu are keen to sign the Uruguay international and have entered into negotiations with the Italian outfit.
"We presented an offer to [Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis that I consider to be very interesting," the Brazilian declared to Il Matino.
"We are pursuing negotiations. We remain in contact and there could be new developments over the next days."
Cavani, whose deal at the San Paolo runs until 2017, has been attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea in recent weeks but a €63 million buy-out clause in his contract has made any potential move tricky.
However, reports have suggested that PSG are the first club to have offered at least the €63m that De Laurentiis is demanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire