Leonardo confirms PSG offer for Cavani
Paris: Leonardo has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain have to bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
The 26-year-old ended last season as Serie A`s top goalscorer with 29 goals across the campaign as the Azzurri finished in the runners-up spot, nine points behind champions Juventus.
Leonardo, 43, indicated that les Rouge-et-Bleu are keen to sign the Uruguay international and have entered into negotiations with the Italian outfit.
"We presented an offer to [Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis that I consider to be very interesting," the Brazilian declared to Il Matino.
"We are pursuing negotiations. We remain in contact and there could be new developments over the next days."
Cavani, whose deal at the San Paolo runs until 2017, has been attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea in recent weeks but a €63 million buy-out clause in his contract has made any potential move tricky.
However, reports have suggested that PSG are the first club to have offered at least the €63m that De Laurentiis is demanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan