Leonardo confirms PSG offer for Cavani
Paris: Leonardo has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain have to bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
The 26-year-old ended last season as Serie A`s top goalscorer with 29 goals across the campaign as the Azzurri finished in the runners-up spot, nine points behind champions Juventus.
Leonardo, 43, indicated that les Rouge-et-Bleu are keen to sign the Uruguay international and have entered into negotiations with the Italian outfit.
"We presented an offer to [Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis that I consider to be very interesting," the Brazilian declared to Il Matino.
"We are pursuing negotiations. We remain in contact and there could be new developments over the next days."
Cavani, whose deal at the San Paolo runs until 2017, has been attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea in recent weeks but a €63 million buy-out clause in his contract has made any potential move tricky.
However, reports have suggested that PSG are the first club to have offered at least the €63m that De Laurentiis is demanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"