Leonardo could face one-year ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo could be set for a one-year ban from football after appearing to barge referee Alexandre Castro following his side`s 1-1 draw with Valenciennes.
The former Brazil midfielder has been suspended from his role with the club by the French disciplinary comittee until his next hearing on May 16.
Les Parisiens have also been handed more bad news after captain Thiago Silva was handed a two-match ban for shoving the same official as he protested the awarding of a goal-kick.
That ruling means he will now miss PSG`s games against Lyon and Stade Brestois as they bid to wrap up the Ligue 1 title.
Their 1-1 draw on Sunday means they lead the championship by seven points, with Marseille sat in second spot as the season enters its final three games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley