Leonardo could face one-year ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo could be set for a one-year ban from football after appearing to barge referee Alexandre Castro following his side`s 1-1 draw with Valenciennes.
The former Brazil midfielder has been suspended from his role with the club by the French disciplinary comittee until his next hearing on May 16.
Les Parisiens have also been handed more bad news after captain Thiago Silva was handed a two-match ban for shoving the same official as he protested the awarding of a goal-kick.
That ruling means he will now miss PSG`s games against Lyon and Stade Brestois as they bid to wrap up the Ligue 1 title.
Their 1-1 draw on Sunday means they lead the championship by seven points, with Marseille sat in second spot as the season enters its final three games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi