Leonardo could face one-year ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo could be set for a one-year ban from football after appearing to barge referee Alexandre Castro following his side`s 1-1 draw with Valenciennes.
The former Brazil midfielder has been suspended from his role with the club by the French disciplinary comittee until his next hearing on May 16.
Les Parisiens have also been handed more bad news after captain Thiago Silva was handed a two-match ban for shoving the same official as he protested the awarding of a goal-kick.
That ruling means he will now miss PSG`s games against Lyon and Stade Brestois as they bid to wrap up the Ligue 1 title.
Their 1-1 draw on Sunday means they lead the championship by seven points, with Marseille sat in second spot as the season enters its final three games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!