Leonardo could face one-year ban
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo could be set for a one-year ban from football after appearing to barge referee Alexandre Castro following his side`s 1-1 draw with Valenciennes.
The former Brazil midfielder has been suspended from his role with the club by the French disciplinary comittee until his next hearing on May 16.
Les Parisiens have also been handed more bad news after captain Thiago Silva was handed a two-match ban for shoving the same official as he protested the awarding of a goal-kick.
That ruling means he will now miss PSG`s games against Lyon and Stade Brestois as they bid to wrap up the Ligue 1 title.
Their 1-1 draw on Sunday means they lead the championship by seven points, with Marseille sat in second spot as the season enters its final three games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990
- Kerry arrives in Bangladesh amid wave of attacks on minorities