Leonardo: Ibrahimovic is a Paris Saint-Germain player
London: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has confirmed that AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has agreed to join the Ligue 1 club.
The Sweden international`s agent has spent the last few days in the French capital trying to work out a transfer after the Rossoneri agreed to sell the 30-year-old and team-mate Thiago Silva to PSG.
Italian reports suggest that Ibrahimovic has agreed to a €13 million-a-year deal with the French outfit, with the player`s transfer costing PSG €23m.
"We have reached an agreement, the deal is done," Leonardo told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a PSG player, he can write our history."
Ibrahimovic`s agent Mino Raiola spoke to reporters outside of PSG`s headquarters on Tuesday, saying: "Everyone is happy, and so is Zlatan.
"With the arrival of Ibra, Paris now has another reason to be considered a city filled with beauty."
Meanwhile, PSG have called a press conference for Wednesday in which Leonardo and president Nasser Al Khelaifi will be in attendance.
It is believed that the purpose of the press conference is to present not only Ibrahimovic, but also Marco Verratti, who joined the capital city side from Pescara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj