Leverkusen extends contract with coaches
Berlin: German Bundesliga football side Bayer Leverkusen has agreed with coaches Sascha Lewandowski and Sami Hyypia on a contract extension until 2015.
"Sascha Lewandowski and Sami Hyypia have proved in the past six matches that they can lead the team with a mix of skills, charisma, precision and serenity," Leverkusen managing director Wolfgang Holzhaeuser said.
Bayer Leverkusen finished the season in fifth position to ensure a direct entry in the UEFA Europa League.
"With the duo Lewandowski/Hyypiae we want to consolidate our position in the upper third of the Bundesliga, with the goal to participate in international competitions," added Holzhaeuser.
Hyypiae and Lewandowski took over from coach Robin Dutt, who suffered four consecutive losses meaning the early end of his two-year contract at the beginning of April.
"That Leverkusen gives us the opportunity to continue the common way is an act of faith. We are confident that we can play a role both, nationally and internationally," Hyypia was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...