Lewandowski would ‘fit perfectly’ at Arsenal, says Podolski
Spain: The German international says the Borussia Dortmund striker`s goalscoring record proves he could be a success anywhere and feels it is up to the player to decide his future.
Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski says Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski would “fit perfectly" at the Gunners.
The Poland international’s future remains the subject of intense debate despite CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke having insisted Lewandowski will play for Dortmund next season.
BVB have ruled out selling their star striker to rivals Bayern Munich although the player remains keen on a move to the European champions.
Arsenal`s Premier League rivals Manchester United have also been linked with the Pole but Podolski feels Lewandowski would be a huge success with the Gunners.
"He scored 24 times last season,” he told Polish newspaper Polska The Times. “He can make it anywhere and he would fit perfectly at Arsenal.
"At the end he has to decide, not the media or manager."
Lewandowski scored an impressive 24 goals in just 31 Bundesliga appearances last season for Dortmund and 36 goals in all competitions for Jurgen Klopp`s men.
Goal also understands Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Real Madrid striker Gonazalo Higuain after the Argentine striker agreed personal terms with the Gunners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production