Lewandowski would ‘fit perfectly’ at Arsenal, says Podolski
Spain: The German international says the Borussia Dortmund striker`s goalscoring record proves he could be a success anywhere and feels it is up to the player to decide his future.
Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski says Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski would “fit perfectly" at the Gunners.
The Poland international’s future remains the subject of intense debate despite CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke having insisted Lewandowski will play for Dortmund next season.
BVB have ruled out selling their star striker to rivals Bayern Munich although the player remains keen on a move to the European champions.
Arsenal`s Premier League rivals Manchester United have also been linked with the Pole but Podolski feels Lewandowski would be a huge success with the Gunners.
"He scored 24 times last season,” he told Polish newspaper Polska The Times. “He can make it anywhere and he would fit perfectly at Arsenal.
"At the end he has to decide, not the media or manager."
Lewandowski scored an impressive 24 goals in just 31 Bundesliga appearances last season for Dortmund and 36 goals in all competitions for Jurgen Klopp`s men.
Goal also understands Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Real Madrid striker Gonazalo Higuain after the Argentine striker agreed personal terms with the Gunners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border