Lewandowski would ‘fit perfectly’ at Arsenal, says Podolski
Spain: The German international says the Borussia Dortmund striker`s goalscoring record proves he could be a success anywhere and feels it is up to the player to decide his future.
Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski says Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski would “fit perfectly" at the Gunners.
The Poland international’s future remains the subject of intense debate despite CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke having insisted Lewandowski will play for Dortmund next season.
BVB have ruled out selling their star striker to rivals Bayern Munich although the player remains keen on a move to the European champions.
Arsenal`s Premier League rivals Manchester United have also been linked with the Pole but Podolski feels Lewandowski would be a huge success with the Gunners.
"He scored 24 times last season,” he told Polish newspaper Polska The Times. “He can make it anywhere and he would fit perfectly at Arsenal.
"At the end he has to decide, not the media or manager."
Lewandowski scored an impressive 24 goals in just 31 Bundesliga appearances last season for Dortmund and 36 goals in all competitions for Jurgen Klopp`s men.
Goal also understands Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Real Madrid striker Gonazalo Higuain after the Argentine striker agreed personal terms with the Gunners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport