Liberia to play Senegal in FIFA World cup qualifier
Monrovia : Liberia will take on Senegal in the first leg of a 2014 FIFA football World Cup qualifier June 2.
The return leg will be played in Monrovia two weeks later.
More than six foreign-based players are already in the country to boost the Lone Star squad`s chances of securing a spot in World Cup , sources said.
Liberia has never qualified for the World Cup, despite the fact that it has produced the World Player of the Year George Manneh Weah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement