Libertadores Cup winners Atletico Mineiro fined $50,000
Asuncion: South American champions Atletico Mineiro have been fined $50,000 for crowd indiscipline and a lack of proper security during the second leg of the Libertadores Cup final in Belo Horizonte in July.
The sanction on Ronaldinho`s Brazilian club was imposed "for lighting of flares (by fans), a lack of proper security guarantees and non-authorised people entering the field of play," the regional governing body CONMEBOL said on its website (www.conmebol.com) on Tuesday.
The Paraguay-based organisation added that Atletico, who beat Olimpia of Paraguay on penalties after an aggretate 2-2 draw over two legs to win the South American club crown for the first time, had the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic