Libertadores Cup winners Atletico Mineiro fined $50,000
Asuncion: South American champions Atletico Mineiro have been fined $50,000 for crowd indiscipline and a lack of proper security during the second leg of the Libertadores Cup final in Belo Horizonte in July.
The sanction on Ronaldinho`s Brazilian club was imposed "for lighting of flares (by fans), a lack of proper security guarantees and non-authorised people entering the field of play," the regional governing body CONMEBOL said on its website (www.conmebol.com) on Tuesday.
The Paraguay-based organisation added that Atletico, who beat Olimpia of Paraguay on penalties after an aggretate 2-2 draw over two legs to win the South American club crown for the first time, had the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot