Libertadores Cup winners Atletico Mineiro fined $50,000
Asuncion: South American champions Atletico Mineiro have been fined $50,000 for crowd indiscipline and a lack of proper security during the second leg of the Libertadores Cup final in Belo Horizonte in July.
The sanction on Ronaldinho`s Brazilian club was imposed "for lighting of flares (by fans), a lack of proper security guarantees and non-authorised people entering the field of play," the regional governing body CONMEBOL said on its website (www.conmebol.com) on Tuesday.
The Paraguay-based organisation added that Atletico, who beat Olimpia of Paraguay on penalties after an aggretate 2-2 draw over two legs to win the South American club crown for the first time, had the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma