Ligament injury sidelines Man Utd`s Bebe
Istanbul: Manchester United`s on-loan winger Bebe has been sidelined for around six months after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, Turkish club Besiktas said on Wednesday.
Bebe, 21, was injured while playing for Portugal under-21s in Slovakia on Tuesday and will require surgery, the Turkish first division club said in a statement on its website.
Club doctor Devrim Uygun said: "We have been informed that Bebe has a tear on his anterior cruciate ligament.”
"We have contacted officials at his club Manchester United. We will make a joint decision over where the operation should take place."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional