Lille winger Hazard plays down transfer talk
Lille (France): Lille`s sought-after Belgian winger Eden Hazard has dampened speculation that he could be on his way out of the French champions in declarations to the "Voix du Nord" newspaper on Sunday.
"For the moment I remain a Lille player. I have spoken with the coach and I know what I have at Lille. I also know that there is still an awful lot I can achieve with the club," the 20 year-old was quoted as saying.
"There is a great atmosphere in the squad and I am surrounded by really good players."
Hazard was speaking in the wake of Lille`s opening pre-season friendly, a 1-1 draw with Bordeaux in the resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz in the French Basque Country.
Hazard, who scored his side`s goal in the game, was named Ligue 1`s player of the season in 2010/11 and has been linked with a whole host of clubs in recent times, including Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, and even Real Madrid.
However, Hazard has four years still to run on his contract, and Lille president Michel Seydoux said late last month that he was determined to keep his man.
"I have said it before and I will repeat it: we want him to stay with us next season, and so that is what he will do. Talk of him leaving is pure speculation," he insisted.