Lionel Messi accused of cheating Spanish taxman
Madrid: Spanish financial crime prosecutors have filed a complaint accusing Barcelona superstar Leo Messi of tax fraud worth four million euros (USD 5 million), a judicial source said Wednesday.
The complaint, which also includes the player`s father Horacio Messi according to the Spanish press, "has been presented to the court," the source said on condition of anonymity.
But it was not yet clear if the court would accept the complaint and allow the accusation to proceed, the source stressed.
Barcelona FC were not immediately available to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'