Lionel Messi accused of cheating Spanish taxman
Madrid: Spanish financial crime prosecutors have filed a complaint accusing Barcelona superstar Leo Messi of tax fraud worth four million euros (USD 5 million), a judicial source said Wednesday.
The complaint, which also includes the player`s father Horacio Messi according to the Spanish press, "has been presented to the court," the source said on condition of anonymity.
But it was not yet clear if the court would accept the complaint and allow the accusation to proceed, the source stressed.
Barcelona FC were not immediately available to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand