Lionel Messi accused of cheating Spanish taxman
Madrid: Spanish financial crime prosecutors have filed a complaint accusing Barcelona superstar Leo Messi of tax fraud worth four million euros (USD 5 million), a judicial source said Wednesday.
The complaint, which also includes the player`s father Horacio Messi according to the Spanish press, "has been presented to the court," the source said on condition of anonymity.
But it was not yet clear if the court would accept the complaint and allow the accusation to proceed, the source stressed.
Barcelona FC were not immediately available to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31