Lionel Messi becomes father to a baby boy!
Barcelona star Lionel Messi has become a father for the first time after his girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo, gave birth to a baby boy, Thiago.
The 25-year-old was given permission to leave training this morning to accompany his partner to USP Dexeus, a hospital in the city, after she went into labour.
After several hours, the boy was born just after 17:00CET, with Roccuzzo surrounded by family and friends, including Messi`s parents, Jorge and Celia.
"Today, I am the happiest man in the world," Messi wrote on his official Facebook page.
"My son was born, and I thank God for this gift! Thanks to my family for the support. A huge to everyone."
Despite becoming a father, Messi will be available for selection for the Blaugrana against Celta Vigo on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?