Lionel Messi considered move to Arsenal
Madrid: A leading Spanish website has claimed that Lionel Messi was interested in a transfer to English Premier League club Arsenal before the Argentine star signed an extension with Barcelona in May.
The 27-year-old was locked in contract extension talks with the Catalan giants and reportedly bonus payments was a cause for concern for both parties.
Spanish website Vozpopuli claimed that Messi had asked former Arsenal midfielder and Barca teammate Cesc Fabregas, who joined Chelsea in the summer, to talk to his agent Darren Dein about a move to the London club.
Messi has a buy-out clause reported to be around a whopping 197 million pounds and the Argentine player earns a massive 16 million pounds a year in wages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'