Lionel Messi considered move to Arsenal
Madrid: A leading Spanish website has claimed that Lionel Messi was interested in a transfer to English Premier League club Arsenal before the Argentine star signed an extension with Barcelona in May.
The 27-year-old was locked in contract extension talks with the Catalan giants and reportedly bonus payments was a cause for concern for both parties.
Spanish website Vozpopuli claimed that Messi had asked former Arsenal midfielder and Barca teammate Cesc Fabregas, who joined Chelsea in the summer, to talk to his agent Darren Dein about a move to the London club.
Messi has a buy-out clause reported to be around a whopping 197 million pounds and the Argentine player earns a massive 16 million pounds a year in wages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today
- President seeks more information on NEET Ordinance