Lionel Messi forced off as injury problems persist
World Player of the Year Lionel Messi had to be withdrawn after just 28 minutes of Barcelona`s game with Almeria on Saturday with an on-going muscular problem.
The Argentine had given Barca the lead with a fine left-footed strike on 21 minutes, but was clearly in some discomfort thereafter and was replaced by Xavi Hernandez.
Messi missed Barca`s trip to Malaga and the second-leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Atletico Madrid earlier in the season due to a thigh problem.
The 25-year-old is now a doubt for the Catalans` Champions League clash with Celtic on Tuesday.
Messi had appeared in court in the coastal town of Gava near Barcelona on Friday morning to answer questions on accusations of tax evasion.
However, he took a full part in training on Friday with his teammates before travelling south to Almeria on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon