Lionel Messi is from another world: Fabregas
Barcelona: Cesc Fabregas has hailed his Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi, after the Argentine struck a scintillating hat-trick in the 5-4 victory over Deportivo La Coruna.
The Blaugrana were pegged back after taking a 3-0 lead, with Javier Mascherano earning a red card, though Tito Vilanova`s men would hold on in an entertaining match at Riazor.
Fabregas meanwhile, praised the hat-trick hero, whilst also insisting that the most important thing was the three points.
"Messi comes from a long trip with the national team and (is) always here. He gives us a lot. Indeed, he understands all. Messi is from another world," the 25-year-old told reporters after the game.
"These things (the red card) happen in football. (We) need to analyse whether or not it was a penalty, or a red card. But we have been very good in that little bit of a crazy (game. The important thing was the three points."
The former Arsenal captain also spoke of his mixed start to the season, but maintains that he has been working hard under Vilanova.
He continued: "I have always believed in our chances, I`ve always been quiet and I worked hard. I`ve prepared very well and I will keep working. The coach makes the decisions.
"I was very comfortable and when (being replaced by) Xavi, what remains is to sit and clap. His position has made me feel comfortable, the ball was over, (there was) more connection and I have always played in this position since childhood. It favours my game."
Barcelona host Scottish side Celtic in the Champions League in midweek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan