Lionel Messi most like me, says Pele
Rio De Janeiro: Pele says Lionel Messi is the player that most reminds him of himself among football`s current generation.
In an interview with the FIFA Weekly magazine published Friday, the Brazilian legend suggested the 26-year-old Argentinian deserved to win the Ballon D`Or for a fifth time despite an injury-wracked 2013, Xinhua reported.
"[Franck] Ribery, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo all have different characteristics, but all are attackers like me," Pele said. "In terms of the role he plays within the team, Messi has the style which is most similar to mine."
When asked to name his favourite current player, Pele replied: "I really can`t compare those four players. It`s impossible to answer that question."
Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic are more similar, but Ribery is a classic playmaker, and Messi simply can`t be compared with anybody."
The Ballon D`Or winner will be announced on Jan 13. The three finalists are Franck Ribery, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says