Lionel Messi out with bruised thigh
Madrid: Barcelona`s star player Lionel Messi has suffered a bruised left thigh, the club confirmed.
After medical tests held Thursday, Messi was diagnosed with a thigh bruise which might prevent him from playing in Barcelona`s second Spanish league match slated for Sunday against Malaga, reports Xinhua.
The 26-year-old Messi was withdrawn at halftime of Wednesday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Atletico Madrid and could not play in the second half, being replaced by Cesc Fabregas.
Despite the absence of the four-time world player of the year in Wednesday`s match against Atletico Madrid, Barcelona`s new acquisition Neymar scored a goal and the match resulted in a 1-1 draw after former Barcelona player David Villa had scored first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air