Lionel Messi out with bruised thigh
Madrid: Barcelona`s star player Lionel Messi has suffered a bruised left thigh, the club confirmed.
After medical tests held Thursday, Messi was diagnosed with a thigh bruise which might prevent him from playing in Barcelona`s second Spanish league match slated for Sunday against Malaga, reports Xinhua.
The 26-year-old Messi was withdrawn at halftime of Wednesday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Atletico Madrid and could not play in the second half, being replaced by Cesc Fabregas.
Despite the absence of the four-time world player of the year in Wednesday`s match against Atletico Madrid, Barcelona`s new acquisition Neymar scored a goal and the match resulted in a 1-1 draw after former Barcelona player David Villa had scored first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing