Lionel Messi out with bruised thigh
Madrid: Barcelona`s star player Lionel Messi has suffered a bruised left thigh, the club confirmed.
After medical tests held Thursday, Messi was diagnosed with a thigh bruise which might prevent him from playing in Barcelona`s second Spanish league match slated for Sunday against Malaga, reports Xinhua.
The 26-year-old Messi was withdrawn at halftime of Wednesday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Atletico Madrid and could not play in the second half, being replaced by Cesc Fabregas.
Despite the absence of the four-time world player of the year in Wednesday`s match against Atletico Madrid, Barcelona`s new acquisition Neymar scored a goal and the match resulted in a 1-1 draw after former Barcelona player David Villa had scored first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof