Lionel Messi out with bruised thigh
Madrid: Barcelona`s star player Lionel Messi has suffered a bruised left thigh, the club confirmed.
After medical tests held Thursday, Messi was diagnosed with a thigh bruise which might prevent him from playing in Barcelona`s second Spanish league match slated for Sunday against Malaga, reports Xinhua.
The 26-year-old Messi was withdrawn at halftime of Wednesday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Atletico Madrid and could not play in the second half, being replaced by Cesc Fabregas.
Despite the absence of the four-time world player of the year in Wednesday`s match against Atletico Madrid, Barcelona`s new acquisition Neymar scored a goal and the match resulted in a 1-1 draw after former Barcelona player David Villa had scored first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India