Lionel Messi out with bruised thigh
Madrid: Barcelona`s star player Lionel Messi has suffered a bruised left thigh, the club confirmed.
After medical tests held Thursday, Messi was diagnosed with a thigh bruise which might prevent him from playing in Barcelona`s second Spanish league match slated for Sunday against Malaga, reports Xinhua.
The 26-year-old Messi was withdrawn at halftime of Wednesday`s Spanish Super Cup first leg against Atletico Madrid and could not play in the second half, being replaced by Cesc Fabregas.
Despite the absence of the four-time world player of the year in Wednesday`s match against Atletico Madrid, Barcelona`s new acquisition Neymar scored a goal and the match resulted in a 1-1 draw after former Barcelona player David Villa had scored first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video