Lionel Messi set to play 250th La Liga match
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Barcelona: One of the most celebrated football players in the world, Lionel Messi, is all set to add another milestone in his career. The Argentine, often hailed as one of the best players in the world, will play his 250th La Liga match for Barcelona on Saturday.
Nine years after making his debut against Espanyol on October 16, 2004 - Messi will play his 250th match in Vallecas where Barcelona will face Rayo Vallecano- a feat only few footballers can aspire to achieve.
On Wednesday, Messi moved into second place on the all-time list of Champions League goalscorers with his 27th career hat-trick as Barcelona beat Ajax 4-0 at the Nou Camp.
The four-time World Player of the Year now has 62 Champions League goals to his name as Barca cruised to victory in the first ever competitive meeting between the two sides.
Feathers in Messi’s cap
#At the age of 24, Messi became Barcelona`s all-time top scorer in all official club competitions.
#At the age of 25, Messi became the youngest player to score 200 La Liga goals.
#Messi is the first football player in history to win four FIFA/Ballon d`Or, all of which he won consecutively. He is also the first to win three European Golden Shoe awards.
#Messi has won six La Ligas, two Copas del Rey, five Supercopas de España, three UEFA Champions Leagues, two Super Cups and two Club World Cups.
#In 2012, Messi made Champions League history by becoming the first player to score five goals in one match.
#Messi set the European record for most goals scored in a season during the 2011–12 season, with 73 goals.
#Messi scored his 300th Barcelona goal in February 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read