Lionel Messi set to play 250th La Liga match
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Barcelona: One of the most celebrated football players in the world, Lionel Messi, is all set to add another milestone in his career. The Argentine, often hailed as one of the best players in the world, will play his 250th La Liga match for Barcelona on Saturday.
Nine years after making his debut against Espanyol on October 16, 2004 - Messi will play his 250th match in Vallecas where Barcelona will face Rayo Vallecano- a feat only few footballers can aspire to achieve.
On Wednesday, Messi moved into second place on the all-time list of Champions League goalscorers with his 27th career hat-trick as Barcelona beat Ajax 4-0 at the Nou Camp.
The four-time World Player of the Year now has 62 Champions League goals to his name as Barca cruised to victory in the first ever competitive meeting between the two sides.
Feathers in Messi’s cap
#At the age of 24, Messi became Barcelona`s all-time top scorer in all official club competitions.
#At the age of 25, Messi became the youngest player to score 200 La Liga goals.
#Messi is the first football player in history to win four FIFA/Ballon d`Or, all of which he won consecutively. He is also the first to win three European Golden Shoe awards.
#Messi has won six La Ligas, two Copas del Rey, five Supercopas de España, three UEFA Champions Leagues, two Super Cups and two Club World Cups.
#In 2012, Messi made Champions League history by becoming the first player to score five goals in one match.
#Messi set the European record for most goals scored in a season during the 2011–12 season, with 73 goals.
#Messi scored his 300th Barcelona goal in February 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official