Lionel Messi substituted at half-time after suffering hamstring injury
Munich: Lionel Messi has suffered a hamstring injury in the first leg of Barcelona`s Champions League quarter-final tie against Paris Saint-Germain.
The club confirmed that the Argentine had damaged his right hamstring in Paris and that he will undergo tests on Wednesday to assess the full extent of his problem.
"Messi sustained an injury to his right hamstring. He will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of the injury," read their statement.
The Argentine appeared to have suffered the muscle strain towards the end of the first half, with the attacker hugging the touchline and showing limited movement in the closing moments while talking with manager Tito Vilanova.
The Barca boss then chose to substitute the 25-year-old during the break, replacing him with Cesc Fabregas.
Messi had already put the Blaugrana ahead in the 38th minute, latching onto a lofted Daniel Alves` pass before striking the ball low past PSG keeper Salvatore Sirigu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan