Lionel Messi to sign Barcelona extension next week
Barcelona: Lionel Messi will extend his contract with Barcelona next week, according to club president Sandro Rosell.
The deal will tie the superstar to the club until 2018, but Rosell revealed the Blaugrana had not had any potential suitors for the Argentine.
"The club has never received any offers for Messi," he told reporters. "I`m sure if he has had them, he dismissed them."
The 25-year-old will become the third player in a week to commit their future to the Blaugrana following the news of Carles Puyol and Xavi Hernandez agreeing to contract extensions, and Rosell is hopeful goalkeeper Victor Valdes will follow suit.
The 31-year-old stopper has publicly stated he will not be extending his contract with the Catalan giants, but the Barca chief insists a change of heart should "not be ruled out".
"He said he wanted to quit Barca. Do not rule anything out. I still hope he will change his mind," Rosell added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog