Lionel Messi wary of playing Bolivia at 4,000 m altitude
La Paz: Lionel Messi said Argentina will be wary of the threat posed by the altitude of La Paz when they meet Bolivia here in Tuesday`s football World Cup qualifier for 2014 Brazil.
Argentina lead the South American zone standings with 23 points from 10 games and victory here will all but book their place at next year`s World Cup finals in Brazil.
Messi revealed he is still tormented by the memory of Bolivia`s 6-1 victory over Argentina in 2009.
"That is the only experience I have at that sort of altitude and it was terrible," Messi said of playing at almost 4,000 m above sea level.
"You exert yourself and never recover. It was a really difficult game for us and for that reason we are trying our best to make it a better result this time."
In other South American qualifiers Tuesday, Ecuador face Paraguay, Venezuela meet Colombia and Chile take on Uruguay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation