Lionel Messi wary of playing Bolivia at 4,000 m altitude
La Paz: Lionel Messi said Argentina will be wary of the threat posed by the altitude of La Paz when they meet Bolivia here in Tuesday`s football World Cup qualifier for 2014 Brazil.
Argentina lead the South American zone standings with 23 points from 10 games and victory here will all but book their place at next year`s World Cup finals in Brazil.
Messi revealed he is still tormented by the memory of Bolivia`s 6-1 victory over Argentina in 2009.
"That is the only experience I have at that sort of altitude and it was terrible," Messi said of playing at almost 4,000 m above sea level.
"You exert yourself and never recover. It was a really difficult game for us and for that reason we are trying our best to make it a better result this time."
In other South American qualifiers Tuesday, Ecuador face Paraguay, Venezuela meet Colombia and Chile take on Uruguay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi