Lionel Messi will be the best in football history: Kobe Bryant
Barcelona: Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has voiced his belief that Barcelona star Lionel Messi will become the best player in the history of football.
The 25-year-old became only the second player to win the Ballon d`Or for three years running in January, emulating Michel Platini`s feat in the eighties.
As the United States` Olympic basketball team prepares for Tuesday`s friendly contest against Spain in Barcelona, Bryant has reiterated that he is in awe of the Argentine prodigy`s talent.
"I hope that I will be able to see Messi, to tell him that I want him," he told reporters.
"He is prepared to be the best player in all history."
The five-time NBA champion then admitted that he is a big fan of Serie A football after spending part of his childhood in Italy.
"Diego Maradona was sensational, when I grew up in Italy, Serie A was the best," he added.
"Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Baggio, Paolo Maldini, Maradona at Napoli. Serie A was great."
Since making his Barcelona debut in 2004, Messi has won five Liga titles, two Copas del Rey, three Champions Leagues, and became the club`s all-time record goalscorer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future