Lionel Messi will be the best in football history: Kobe Bryant
Barcelona: Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has voiced his belief that Barcelona star Lionel Messi will become the best player in the history of football.
The 25-year-old became only the second player to win the Ballon d`Or for three years running in January, emulating Michel Platini`s feat in the eighties.
As the United States` Olympic basketball team prepares for Tuesday`s friendly contest against Spain in Barcelona, Bryant has reiterated that he is in awe of the Argentine prodigy`s talent.
"I hope that I will be able to see Messi, to tell him that I want him," he told reporters.
"He is prepared to be the best player in all history."
The five-time NBA champion then admitted that he is a big fan of Serie A football after spending part of his childhood in Italy.
"Diego Maradona was sensational, when I grew up in Italy, Serie A was the best," he added.
"Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Baggio, Paolo Maldini, Maradona at Napoli. Serie A was great."
Since making his Barcelona debut in 2004, Messi has won five Liga titles, two Copas del Rey, three Champions Leagues, and became the club`s all-time record goalscorer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda