Liverpool agree on 8.5 mln-pound fee with QPR to sign Remy
London: France striker Loic Remy looks set to join Liverpool as Brendan Rodgers` club has agreed on a 8.5 million pound fee with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) to sign the forward.
The bid has activated a release clause in the contract of Remy, who spent last season on loan at Newcastle United and scored 14 Premier League goals.
The striker is now expected to discuss personal terms and have a medical with Liverpool before completing the move, The BBC reported.
Remy, who moved to Newcastle on loan after QPR`s relegation from the Premier League in 2013, was part of the France squad that reached the quarterfinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil and made two appearances as a substitute.
Remy`s arrival at Anfield is likely to coincide with the departure of Fabio Borini, after Liverpool accepted a 14 million-pound offer for the Italian forward from Sunderland, where he spent last season on loan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie