Liverpool agree on 8.5 mln-pound fee with QPR to sign Remy
London: France striker Loic Remy looks set to join Liverpool as Brendan Rodgers` club has agreed on a 8.5 million pound fee with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) to sign the forward.
The bid has activated a release clause in the contract of Remy, who spent last season on loan at Newcastle United and scored 14 Premier League goals.
The striker is now expected to discuss personal terms and have a medical with Liverpool before completing the move, The BBC reported.
Remy, who moved to Newcastle on loan after QPR`s relegation from the Premier League in 2013, was part of the France squad that reached the quarterfinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil and made two appearances as a substitute.
Remy`s arrival at Anfield is likely to coincide with the departure of Fabio Borini, after Liverpool accepted a 14 million-pound offer for the Italian forward from Sunderland, where he spent last season on loan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement