Liverpool agree on 8.5 mln-pound fee with QPR to sign Remy
London: France striker Loic Remy looks set to join Liverpool as Brendan Rodgers` club has agreed on a 8.5 million pound fee with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) to sign the forward.
The bid has activated a release clause in the contract of Remy, who spent last season on loan at Newcastle United and scored 14 Premier League goals.
The striker is now expected to discuss personal terms and have a medical with Liverpool before completing the move, The BBC reported.
Remy, who moved to Newcastle on loan after QPR`s relegation from the Premier League in 2013, was part of the France squad that reached the quarterfinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil and made two appearances as a substitute.
Remy`s arrival at Anfield is likely to coincide with the departure of Fabio Borini, after Liverpool accepted a 14 million-pound offer for the Italian forward from Sunderland, where he spent last season on loan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!