Liverpool beat Man City in friendly
Washington: Liverpool edged Manchester City in a penalty shootout in their International Champions Cup encounter.
The Reds, who lost the English Premier League title to Man City last season, let in a goal in the 53rd minute Wednesday.
Stevan Jovetic scored with his right foot, helping Man City to take the lead. Six minutes later, Jordan Henderson levelled the scores.
Both teams had chances in the last half an hour but neither could score again, and the match went into the dreaded shoot-out.
Aleksandar Kolarov, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas all missed for the City and the Reds took the win with 3-1 scoreline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog