Liverpool beat Man City in friendly
Washington: Liverpool edged Manchester City in a penalty shootout in their International Champions Cup encounter.
The Reds, who lost the English Premier League title to Man City last season, let in a goal in the 53rd minute Wednesday.
Stevan Jovetic scored with his right foot, helping Man City to take the lead. Six minutes later, Jordan Henderson levelled the scores.
Both teams had chances in the last half an hour but neither could score again, and the match went into the dreaded shoot-out.
Aleksandar Kolarov, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas all missed for the City and the Reds took the win with 3-1 scoreline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses
- For single women in Maharashtra, owning land can be the difference between life and death
- Gold price climbs 1%, investors seek safe-haven after 'Brexit' vote