Liverpool beat Man City in friendly
Washington: Liverpool edged Manchester City in a penalty shootout in their International Champions Cup encounter.
The Reds, who lost the English Premier League title to Man City last season, let in a goal in the 53rd minute Wednesday.
Stevan Jovetic scored with his right foot, helping Man City to take the lead. Six minutes later, Jordan Henderson levelled the scores.
Both teams had chances in the last half an hour but neither could score again, and the match went into the dreaded shoot-out.
Aleksandar Kolarov, Yaya Toure and Jesus Navas all missed for the City and the Reds took the win with 3-1 scoreline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad