Liverpool boss Rodgers confident of keeping Suarez
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident of keeping striker Luis Suarez, even if they miss out on Europe this season.
The Reds need to finish fifth in order to qualify for the Europa League, and are currently eighth in the Premier League, eight points behind Arsenal.
But Rodgers is adamant that he will be able to keep his star striker, after having a conversation with the Uruguayan`s agent.
He told reporters: "There`s no getting away from it, Luis has been brilliant this year, but I haven’t seen anything different that would make me feel he wouldn’t be here.
"I had a great conversation with his agent a couple of weeks ago. He came in and rolled it out that he was so happy here and he was keen over the next couple of years for the club to progress.
"I`ve made him sort of my architect within the group. Him and I communicate a lot so I get a feeling. It`s not like I don`t talk to him.
"Is he deserving of that Champions League level? Of course he is, but I would be confident enough that he will be here because he is enjoying his football.
"He`s playing well, he`s doing really well. Hopefully we continue to keep a great player like that. Luis has been phenomenal, and that`s not just the opinion of his manager.
"His desire is to see Liverpool progress and that`s why he [extended his contract] last summer. I don`t feel, or see, anything different that would change my mind.
"This is a club that he loves. He is enjoying working this way. If we can keep supporting him and getting the team moving forward, then he seems happy and content."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore