Liverpool boss Rodgers confident of keeping Suarez
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident of keeping striker Luis Suarez, even if they miss out on Europe this season.
The Reds need to finish fifth in order to qualify for the Europa League, and are currently eighth in the Premier League, eight points behind Arsenal.
But Rodgers is adamant that he will be able to keep his star striker, after having a conversation with the Uruguayan`s agent.
He told reporters: "There`s no getting away from it, Luis has been brilliant this year, but I haven’t seen anything different that would make me feel he wouldn’t be here.
"I had a great conversation with his agent a couple of weeks ago. He came in and rolled it out that he was so happy here and he was keen over the next couple of years for the club to progress.
"I`ve made him sort of my architect within the group. Him and I communicate a lot so I get a feeling. It`s not like I don`t talk to him.
"Is he deserving of that Champions League level? Of course he is, but I would be confident enough that he will be here because he is enjoying his football.
"He`s playing well, he`s doing really well. Hopefully we continue to keep a great player like that. Luis has been phenomenal, and that`s not just the opinion of his manager.
"His desire is to see Liverpool progress and that`s why he [extended his contract] last summer. I don`t feel, or see, anything different that would change my mind.
"This is a club that he loves. He is enjoying working this way. If we can keep supporting him and getting the team moving forward, then he seems happy and content."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says